Saturday, October 31, 2015

Internship 9/28/15-10/2/15

On Monday, September 28, 2015, I began my fifth week as an intern at WYCC. During this week, I did logging for future packages that will air on feature shows. I attended staff meetings that allowed the interns to speak about possible feature package stories. I researched stories on violence, education, and political topics. Every morning, the interns are assigned to research different news stories by Tribune, Sun-Times, Huffington Post, and many more. On In the Loop S6 EP3, the topics covered were Chicago’s Deep Tunnel Project, Alzheimer’s disease, and New Cuts to Services. The guests on the show were Rep. Ron Sandack, Amisha Patel, and Natalie Moore. After the taping, all the staff and interns were invited to an appreciation lunch for participating in the Walk for Health event. We enjoyed pizza, popcorn, kind bars, salad, chips, and much more. During the appreciation lunch, we watched videos and photos taken while at the event. I forgot to mention we were given cool t-shirts as well. Other than that, it was an awesome overall week at WYCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment